Trumpet Fanfare IThe following students earned medals in the Texas Music Teachers Association Student Affiliate Theory Test:
- Hari (Level 4 Test)
- Caleb (Level 8 Test)
- William (Level 8 Test)
- Ryan D. (Level 4 Test)
- Aythan (Level 1 Test)
- Victor (Level 4 Test)
Trumpet Fanfare IIFive students participated in the Richardson Music Teachers Fall Festival. These students prepared a piece of music from the Baroque era of Music History (1600 – 1750). Music from the Baroque requires extra independence between the hands, and more independence of each finger.
Superior with Honors:
- Ryan D.
What's a Bösendorfer?We are privileged to be able to play on a world class piano for our Duet Festival and May Recital!
The Collora Piano Store in the Design District (downtown Dallas) has a recital hall with a Bösendorfer grand piano that we will be able to utilize.
Hallmarks of Bösendorfer grand pianos:
- they are built by hand in Vienna, the music capital of the world
- they are built using the highest possible proportion of sound-spruce
- they have a screwed-on capo d’astro bar in the treble
- they have single stringing
- Bösendorfer’s “resonating box principle”, which views the whole instrument as a cohesive sound unit, produces our uniquely rich tone colour and characteristic singing timbre
- the open wrest-plank ensures excellent tunability and tuning stability due to the optimum fit of the tuning pins in the wrest-plank